Monday, March 31, 2008

Chapter 4

In chapter 4 we learned about the weather. Which I thought was confusing because of all the different phrases and that you have to know when to use hace, esta, or hay. THe one thing I didn't like about this chapter, was how much vocabulary words there were! I felt overwhelmed. When we were learning about clothing we got to listen to a mariachi song and then describe the clothing that the people were wearing. I also liked how when we learned about the reciprocal verbs we listened to music as well. I also enjoyed the first semester love song video on youtube.

In chapter four we learned about stem-changing verbs. We learned that in some verbs, you change the 0 to ue and e to ie or e to i. You only change the stem for the yo, tu, usted, and ustedes forms of the verb and leave it the same for the nosotros and vosotros forms. We also learned about the go verbs: hago, oigo, pongo, salgo, traigo, and digo.

This chapter was filled with grammar. We also learned about the immediate future which is ir +a + infinitive. For exame, I am going to study is Voy a estudiar. We also learned about adverbs that end in -mente and how if it ends in o you have to change it to a before adding mente. For exame rapido changes to rapidamente.

I felt that this test was easier than the first test, but it was still difficult. Especially the last page!

No comments: