Sunday, March 30, 2008

Chapter 4

In chapter 4 we learned how to discuss the weather, careers, and clothes. For weather we learned that there are different ways to talk about particular kinds of weather. You can use "estar", "hacer", or "hay". For example, "it is hot" would be "hace calor". When we learned how to say different professions we learned that most of them can be both masculine and feminine (el maestro and la maestra). However some of the words are used in the same form for both masculine and feminine (el/la doctor). We also discussed clothing items. With this we got to pratice our colors also. It was interesting to me that "jeans" can be used in both english or spanish. The most confusing part of this section was the reciprocal verbs when saying that people are doing something together. Another reallys useful thing we covered was how to say "going to" by using 'ir' + a. If I wanted to say "I am going to travel" I would say "Voy a viajar". Lastly we learned how to add -mente to adverbs. For example, "frequently" would be "frequentemente". I have to say that my favorite part of this section was the song!

No comments: