Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Capitulo 3

In this chapter we learned how to say we are doing something which I think is really useful. To just add either ando (-ar) or iendo (-ir and -er) is extremely simple and easy to remember. We also learned more verbs and how to say what our class schedule is. The reflexive verbs we learned are about your daily routine and what you do. An example of using a reflexive verb is "Esta maquillandose."
An obvious difference is that in english we use many of the same words to describe things we do while in spanish they have specific words for each thing they do. We would say I put on clothes and I put on make-up and in spanish you would say Me visto and Me maquillo.
The only culture thing I can think about is what I read in the book. It says that in tropical countries that weather is determined not by how hot and cold it is, but by how dry and wet it is. This is how it is done in San Juan and Havana. I too loved the videos we saw!! They were extremely funny!!!

No comments: