Monday, February 18, 2008

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 was over grammatical gender and articles, plurals, noun and adjective agreement, the verb estar, present tense, and the word gustar. Grammatical gender and articles involved masculine and feminine nouns. I learned that masculine nouns usually end in -o and feminine nouns usually end in -a. Secondly, I learned that you add -s to nouns that end in a vowel, and -es to nouns that end in a consonant. Thirdly I learned the difference between estar and ser, even though they have the same meaning, which is "to be." However, the verb estar is used to mark a location and the current state of health or emotions. The verb ser is used when describing the physical traits or personality of someone. However, I seem to still have trouble understanding when I should change the indefinite endings -ar, -er, and -ir verbs. And not knowing when to do this frustrates me because I am unsure how to write a sentence. This chapter has been a challenge to me because there is some vocabulary that I don't understand, and some of the recordings seem to be fast for me. The things that do help is the cognate words. Even though spanish is difficult, I hope to learn more of it to communicate with others of my race.

No comments: