Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Learning spanish has been a mildly difficult task for me, and I've come to learn that it takes a lot of time and practice! However, I do find it an interesting language and culture. I am Filipino and it's interesting to see that the filipino language shares many of the same words with the spanish language. Like counting numbers and other simple words. I don't know much about how the culture's are similar but I do know both countries use 'peso' as the currency, if that counts for anything... I'm sure there's a history behind why the two cultures share a little of the same language but as for now I'm clueless. I look forward to learning more about the different spanish speaking cultures, & its interesting to see how much it actually is different from the american culture. Such as, how people greet one another with a kiss and if we were to do that here in america, some people might find it odd. 

No comments: