Monday, April 28, 2008

Blog 6

Chapters 5 and 6 were my favorite thus far, particularly Chapter 6. In chapter 6 we learned about different holidays and the cultures of different countries. I found the culture information very refreshing because I have felt overwhelmed by all the grammar we have learned all year. I learned many cool facts that I didn't know before. We also learned many grammatical things that made writing a lot easier. For example, we learned the differences in instances where you would use conocer and were you would use saber. The section about family was easy because I remembered a lot of that vocabulary from before. The section on negative and indefinite expressions was somewhat confusing but useful to know. The impersonal se also made writing much easier. I wish that english had a similar word or phrase because I always would get in trouble in English class for using an impersonal 'you' because many people don't like that. I also was able to get clarification on when to use ser, estar, and haber. We also learned the correct way to use possessive adjectives and pronouns. After studying this section, I realized that I didn't completely understand it the way I should.
Chapter 6 was our favorite chapter we studied because I want to be a food writer/critic.
I could probably write a column in spanish with all the vocabulary I learned from this chapter. We learned the ordinal adjectives which have come in handy when I talk about my track meets in spanish telling which place I got. We also discussed direct and indirect object pronouns which make writing easier because you don't have to continuously write the long hand subject in paragraphs. The section on the culture of Spain was also interesting because it's a place that I have always wanted to visit.

No comments: