Friday, March 28, 2008

Chapter4

After learning professions in this chapter, I learned that while some professions might change masculine and feminine form, there are those that are only one way such as dentista or modelo. I definitely had some problems remembering which professions did this but after reviewing the vocab several times and seeing them again in my SAM work it became easier to identify them. During chapter 4 we also learned how to add mente to the ends of words such as rapidamente. The rule I learned was that in order to add mente to the end of a word if the word ends in an "O" then it needs to be changed to an "A" followed by mente, or if the word doesn't end in O then mente is simply just added on for example general changes to generalmente and lento would change to lentamente. When it came to reciprocal verbs I had to keep in mind that these verbs are used when they or we are doing to one another. It was important for me to remember that reciprocal verbs only are used for they(Se)and we(Nos) such as Nos amamos or Se besan.

No comments: