Tuesday, March 4, 2008

chapter tres

Chapter three reminded me of christmas. Short and sweet. We learned the useful phrases of tener ganas de which means "to feel like (ing)" and tener que which means "to have to (ing)." The big means of conjugation in the chapter dealt with reflexive verbs and the present progressive tense. With reflexive verbs you simple place the proper reflexive particle (me, te, se, nos, se) in front of the present-conjugated verb. Example- me lavo. For the present progressive you simple add "ando" or "endo" or in some cases "iend" after replacing the initive part of the verb. Example- lavando. You can also use a reflexive particle with a present progressive tense. Example- me levando.

0n the cultural end I don't particularly remember anything. I would like to say that the videos we watch in class are absolutely hilarious. "Que hora es" was fantastic and the one we watched the other day was hilarious. And the funiest part of all is that I understand those videos way more than I understand some of the conversations we listen to in class. Maybe its due to them not using complete sentences but I can understand everything they say. So crystal clear. Its like watching hdtv.

No comments: