Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Blog 2
When we started talking in class about colors, and we talked about how in spanish there really aren't that many words for colors (like, we have colors like periwinkle, indigo, burnt orange, etc.). My brother is getting married soon and I'm supposed to be a bridesmaid, so it made me wonder how wedding planning in latin countries is, because I can assure you my dress is not "brown," it's "mochachino." I just thought it'd be interesting to see if brides and bridesmaids are as obbsessive over colors and coming up with random names for something that honestly looks the same as everything else (lilac, tiffany blue, autumn rose, chocolate mousse). Actually, I was just really wondering in general about latin weddings, whether they're the same as in America. There are lots of little traditions in American weddings, or more accurately wedding receptions I guess. The father-daughter dance, bride and groom taking their first bites of cake, the bride throwing her bouquet, etc. They are things we all take for granted that we're going to see at an American wedding, but qhat about in Chile, or Ecuador, or even Mexico? I just think it would be cool to see how weddings go in other cultures, whether they're formal or informal, how the bride and groom interact during the ceremony, etc.

No comments: